The contests will run every two weeks of every month. (assuming no delays occur). Watch the news! The contest must be officially posted for you to enter it.
Contests will be posted on the 1st and 15th of every month (so check the date of the contest before entering!). If we are unable to hold a contest on one of those dates, we will carry the theme over to the next date, so don't worry if the contest doesn't get posted and you started an entry.
Judging happens on the 31st (last day of the month) and the 14th, and and announcing of the winners happens on the 15th and 1st . (They are posted in the next contests news.) Deadline is 9am EST. (Find your timezone)
If the contest is announced on the 1st, the deadline is the 14th 9am EST.
If the contest is announced on the 15th, the deadline is the 31st pam EST. (or the last day of the month)
(Find your timezone)
This Contests theme is:
Use your imagination!
Here are the rules:
1. You cannot win twice in one month. Feel free to enter every single one, but if you won on the previous contest, the most you will get is an honorable mention in the second one.
2. You can use old line art, or work for this contest, as long as some element of it is created for this contest. But put a little effort into it!
3. The work must be Manga/Anime styled, and submitted into the Manga/Anime category.
4. The work must reflect the theme in some way.
5. All entries must obey all of DeviantART policies to the letter! No mature content, please. This is open to everyone, so your entry should be viewable by everyone.
6. The work must be your own. If we find out you stole it, we will rain such wrath on you that your head will spin!
7. Send a note to `Marker-Guru or `anako-art with the subject "Contest entry" and with a link to your submission.
8. No fanarts, please.
9. The deviation's description must mention about the contest.
There will only be a first place winner, as these are small contests.
The prize will be a 3 month subscription to DeviantART. (Alternatives Available. This can be discussed with the winner after the winner is contacted!)
Judging will be done by either `anako-art or `Marker-Guru or both.
We will be looking at not only technical skills, but how well you used the theme, and creativity.
So have at it!
Next contest theme is:
Last contests winner
CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL THE ENTRIES FOR THIS CONTEST SO FAR!
Click here to see the archive of entries for the past contests
Use these donated stamps to help us advertise! Please link to the page of entries, as a permanent link will remain there for the most recent contests
Is this news old? Find a recent contest